INAUGURAL SPEECH DELIVERED BY THE INCOMING CORPS COMMANDER GENERAL (CCG) OF NESO
ON 25TH JULY 2015.
- His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We highly honour and wish him success as he stairs the affairs of our dear country, Nigeria towards development.
- His Excellency, Dr. Bukola Saraki, The Senate President. We pray for wisdom for him as presides over the 8th Senate.
- Hon. Yakubu Dogara, The Speaker, House of Representatives. We wish him wisdom as he lead the Hon. 8th House of Representatives.
- The Chief of Defence Staff, All Service Chiefs, IG of Police, NSA, DG DSS, Commandant-General, NSDC and other Security Agencies. As you work towards ensuring security all over the country, we pray that your efforts will be fruitful, successful and historic for the good and wellbeing of Nigeria.
- Members of the Diplomatic Corp, Your Excellencies, Gentlemen of the Press, invited guest, the Fourth Estate, distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen.
Indeed, you are all highly revered and welcome to this occasion. When I was approached and asked to be the next, Corps Commander-General of NESO, I was surprised and humbled. For me, it is an honour and a great opportunity to serve humanity and our nation, Nigeria. May I appreciate NESO for the opportunity given to me to serve as CCG of NESO. I will do my best and I will not disappoint you.
Many may not be aware of what NESO is; What NESO stands for; and what NESO does. At this juncture, please permit me to give you a brief about NESO.
NESO an NGO borne out of a strong believe and commitment in the UNITY, PEACE AND SECURITY of our Nigeria. NESO is a conglomerate of volunteers of like-minds. They are passionate Nigerians driven by patriotism and have put their lives at risk for Nigeria.
The volunteers gather and provide security information to relevant Government Security Operatives to assist, support and compliment efforts of these security agencies, basically to assist toward fighting and containing insurgencies in Nigeria. The volunteers put their lives on the line for a better and secured Nigeria for real development.
NESO was established since 2010 but incorporated on 10th November 2014 by the Corporate Affairs Commission. NESO is a non-Governmental Organization (NGO). NESO’s corporate Headquarters is in Abuja with States offices in all 36 States of Nigeria. The States’ offices are headed by State Corps Commandant (SCC). At the Local Government level, NESO is headed by Local Government Divisional Corps Commandant (DCC).
NESO is on ground at the community level, comprising vibrant young men and women through the ranks and files.NESO has well over 70,000 (Seventy Thousand) trained volunteers across the country.
NESO also partners with other community base organization (CBOs) on security and other developmental objectives that will make Nigeria bigger and better.
NESO volunteers are empowered in various field of human endeavour to suit their environment for effective information gathering and management. They are usually subjected to periodic training and re-training.
NESO is very particular to individual pedigree, thus ensures that on an interpersonal basis, provost are remarkably on ground for on the hour assessment and evaluation of officers and men. The tempo of discipline, resilient, doggedness, drive and the commitment to serve our Motherland is impressive.
NESO is first of its kind in this part of the world, that is an organized corporate non-governmental security initiative in the fight against insurgency and other anti-State behaviors considered inimical to the peace and security of our beloved Country Nigeria.
We invite His Excellency, Mr. President, Top Government Functionaries and indeed the general public to kindly note that NESO personnel are volunteers and have demonstrated high level of believe and love for our Nigeria.
OBJECTIVE/MISSION: The primary objective of NESO is to provide supporting angle to conventional security institutions for effective security networking through unconventional shadowing. Our mission therefore, is to key into the shared vision of reposition the Nigerian State as a safety net for citizens and non citizens thereby, making Nigeria a first stop hub for investment and tourism in Africa. PLEDGE OF SUPPORT BY NESO: May I state the following in categorical terms:
- NESO will support this government and any other good government in the distant future
- NESO will support the security operatives in Nigeria
- NESO will support Nigeria towards unity, security, peace and development
Long live, Federal Republic of Nigeria! Long live,the good people of Nigeria!! May the Almighty God continue to bless and protect Nigeria. Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen. Sani Aliyu CCG, NESO 25th July, 2015
It’s a good welcome development and may the almighty God continued to bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Amen
any special recruitment for ex military personnels?
who is d commandant general of dis organization bcus we av …h .opara Bernard omena Chris as d commandant general of elite in Nigeria
will this fetch any monthly salary?
We are yet to confirm these and we need Neso executive to address this issue, no free work in Nigeria. Volunteers should receive salary as well!! Especially the youth who are interested in finding a job out of this!!!
A well reserved and articulated speech,bravo to our dear CCG
when Elite corps will experience bill as peace. Corps
may allah add you more efforts CCG